Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vacation (Part 1)

   We just got back from our vacation to Oregon.  We had so much fun and it was super hard to come back home.  So here is a quick synopsis of how our vacation went. 
Day 1

We left for Idaho to stay with Jason's sister's family.  Elizabeth and Tom made us hamburgers for lunch and we played our new game, Dominion.  (Thanks Rosanne and Jeremy for introducing us to the game.  Jason had to go out and buy it right away.)  It was so fun to see them and see our new niece, who is super cute and it was really fun to hold her.  Elizabeth also took new pictures of us, which was so nice of her and she is so talented.  She did such a good job and although we don't have all of the pictures here are a couple of pictures that she took. 
Day 2
We left Idaho and headed to Oregon.  We stopped in Portland to eat at Shari's, which I had not eaten at in years.  It was just ok.  We then went to Tillamook because Jason really wanted cheese curds and ice cream.  Tillamook makes the best ice cream.  After that we went to Lincoln City where we had reservations at the same hotel that we stayed at last time that is right on the beach.  We immediately took a walk on the beach and walked on the beach until sunset.  We also watched the waves from our hotel room at night. 
Day 3
 We decided that we would wonder around Lincoln City.  We had found this place online that we wanted to go to for breakfast.  We drove down there and they were closed.  They were closed Mondays and Tuesdays.  So we just drove down the main road in Lincoln City and found this little hole in the wall place that only had six tables.  Jason ordered the crab omelet and I got the pancakes.  The food was so good and I could not believe how much crab they put in Jason's omelet.  We then walked to little stores around Lincoln City and then went to the outlet stores.  We then decided to drive down to Depoe Bay and looked around there.  When we got back to Lincoln City we ate at a seafood restaurant for dinner, which was really good.  We then walked on the beach. 



Day 4

We got up early to drive to Cannon Beach to look at the tide pools at Haystack rock.  We had never been up there before so we were pretty excited.  It was pretty fun.  We got to see starfish and anemones.  I really wanted to see a puffin, but we could not see them.  We then walked on the beach for a couple of hours, because the beach was huge.  It is one of my favorite beaches we have been to. We then decided to drive up to Astoria because we had heard how great the city was.  No offense to Astoria, but I was underwhelmed and wished we had spent more time in Cannon Beach.  We then went back to Tillamook for more cheese and ice cream. When we got back to Lincoln City we walked on the beach one more time, as we were leaving the next day.  When we got back we were hungry, but found out that every place in Lincoln City closes before 9 pm.  That was kind of frustrating, luckily Dairy Queen was open. 





1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got to go on this trip! I'll bet it was so hard to leave, though. I love love LOVE those pictures of you guys! I seriously need to have a copy of the one of you & Jason so I can put it on my board (yep, my famous board that I have in my kitchen). :) It's so good to have you back in Utah though. We missed you both while you were gone & I know our kids are happy too; Aubrey especially!

    ReplyDelete