Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A big decision

Jason and I have made an important decision for us. We have decided to try another adoption agency in the hopes that we will be placed with a child. We will still be going through LDS Family Services in case a situation presents itself through that agency, but we will be on the list of the other agency too. We are hoping that going through two agencies will result in being chosen by birthparents for adoption. We are also keeping our license of Foster Care, but we are not actively trying to foster. We talked about it a lot and decided that we could not handle another situation like we went through last year. Especially when the child will be in our home and if the child left it would be even more difficult.
Going though another agency was a big decision because their fees are a lot more than LDSFS, however, we feel like this is the path to take right now so I guess we will see what happens. It will be a few months before we apply because we are trying to get a few things together and we have to construct a new profile. But I am hoping by the summer we will be approved and on their waiting list. We are both cautiously optimistic about going through another agency and it is a little scary, but I guess if it is right it will all turn out okay in the end. It is also giving me something to do because I have the profile book to work on and I am hoping that we can have two home studies done in the next couple of months so I have to get ready for those.
Well that is our latest adoption update. I can't believe that we have been trying to adopt for almost four years now, it seems like forever. Hopefully going through this new agency will result in a placement or the closure for us to move on to other things in our lives.