Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vacation (Part 2)

Day 5

We left Lincoln City to go to Coos Bay to stay with my grandma.  We decided to spend some time in Newport.  Of course it was raining hard that day, making it difficult to go store to store.  We also found out that restaurants in Newport are closed on Wednesdays.  I don't know why every town we were in places were closed when we were there but it was sort of annoying.  We did got to a glass blowing studio.  They were not doing any demonstrations, but we did buy this amazing glass float.  When we got in Coos Bay we had a little run in with the Wal-Mart photo department over the pictures Elizabeth took, lets just say I am not going to Wal-Mart again to print photos.  We then got to see my grandma.  I have not seen her in two years so it was so good to see her and we spent the rest of the night talking. 

Day 6
We went to Shore Acres, which is a garden in the Charleston area, with my grandma.  It was really pretty with spring flowers and close to the garden there are views of the ocean which are really neat. 


 After we left my grandma bought some fresh crab from a little store on the dock.  We ate the crab for dinner with melted butter and it was so good.  It has been so long since I had a whole fresh crab and it was heaven.  She was so nice to do that for us. 

Day 7

We had a laid back day walking around Mingus Park and downtown Coos Bay.  We then played games with my grandma.  Jason won all of the games which was annoying.  My grandma and I wanted to beat him up.  One great thing about spending so much time with my grandma was getting to hear a bunch of stories about my family I had never heard before.  I thought that was so great.

Day 8

Last time we went to Oregon Jason loved the drive down to Brookings, so we decided to do it again.  My grandma came with us and it was great.  The beaches and ocean are so beautiful down there and you can see some of it from the highway.  It was just so nice to stand out and breath the fresh ocean air and stare at how pretty it was.  I know I am biased but I think that the Oregon coast and the western part of Oregon is the most beautiful place in the world and I wish we could move there.  I would love to live there again.  We then took my grandma to dinner and played more games.  This time my grandma actually beat Jason on Quiddler, but he won all the other games. 



No comments:

Post a Comment