Saturday, February 11, 2012

Da, da, da, da

Last Saturday Jason and I went to Beethoven's 5th symphony presented by the Utah Symphony. We bought the tickets back in September or October and I had been looking forward to it since. I decided to buy a new dress and my sister helped me find a very cute black Calvin Klein dress. It was kind of expensive, but when Jason saw it his first reaction was, "Holy Crap!" so I figured it was worth the money. Every time I think of Calvin Klein dresses I think of the movie Clueless, so the dress makes me laugh. Well, on to the symphony which was really lovely. Listening to the 5th symphony live was really great. They also preformed a new cello piece, written by a Swiss composer, that was really interesting. I don't really know how to describe music in technical terms, but I know how music makes me feel and I found this piece really interesting and different. I thought they were going to play a peice by Mendolsen and when I found out that they wern't I was disappointed, but after hearing the cello peice I was glad I got to hear something as interesting as it was. It was also interesting to see the man who played the cello because he was so passionate about the music and I love to see people who are so passionate about what they do. In April we are going to another Beethoven piece, which I am looking forward too. Since we went to two symphony preformances this year maybe next year we will go to the opera.

3 comments:

  1. COME WITH US! We usually have season tickets because Jer is such a music buff. I LOVE Thierry Fisher. I love how precise he is and I think that the orchestra really does enjoy working with him. I think next season they are going to be doing two or three with Mendelssohn... and they'll be doing The Magic Flute... which is one of my favorites to listen too... along with Hansel and Gretel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love to come with you guys. All of those sound great. I love violin pieces. We will plan on going to at least one with you guys. Oh I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad we were able to do this with you guys! It was one of the most fun anniversary celebrations we've ever had, even though it wasn't actually our anniversary. :) And I'd have to agree, the dress was worth every single penny, because you looked AMAZING in it! :)

    ReplyDelete