Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

Usually Jason and I don't do a lot to celebrate Valentines. We try and do things throughout the rest of the year, so we don't put a lot of stock into one day. This year however we did quite a bit for each other. It started with Jason sending me roses last week. They came in an Oregon box which I though was weird, but then I opened the box and saw these green and yellow roses. I could not believe that he found Oregon Ducks colored roses. They made me laugh. I think that it is funny that most husbands get their wives red roses for Valentines, but I get football roses. I love it.




So I guess in retaliation for the roses I made Jason a candy bar bouquet. I got the idea at Smith's and decided to make one for him. It turned out pretty good, but after a day or two some of the candy bars fell off. I gave it to him before Valentines for two reasons: I was excited for him to have it and I was too lazy to try and find a place to hide it.
For Valentines day I decided to make Jason a special romantic dinner. We never go out to dinner on Valentines because it is crazy and I prefer to have to rush through my dinner because the restaurant is so busy. I had a couple of ideas and after deciding it would be too hard to find duck, I decided to make rack of lamb. I had never made it before and I was sort of nervous. It was not that easy to find the rack of lamb, but finally I did. So I made roasted rack of lamb with a mustard sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, and a salad. Not to brag, but it came out pretty yummy. I tried to make it look fancy like a restaurant, which it sort of does.



For dessert I made panna cotta, another new recipe for me. I decided to make vanilla panna cotta, with raspberry syrup and berries. It turned out really good and Jason really liked it.



So that was our Valentines day. I was excited that the food turned out good, since it I spent hours cooking.


Well that is about all that is going on with us. Jason is still working a lot of hours and I am just working on projects. I will have to post some of them soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That lamb and desert look so yummy! They look professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing cook! I'm so lazy that if it takes more than 20 minutes of prep I don't even try... Amazing!

    ReplyDelete