Last week was a mixture of good and bad. My grandmother had to go to the ICU because of heart problems and I was concerned that she was not going to make it. She broke her shoulder a couple of weeks ago and had to have surgery to repair it. She was in a rehab facility when her heart started to beat irregularly. I did not know until Saturday when we went to visit her that she told the nurses at the rehab center and they did nothing for hours. My uncle had to get after them for them to finally send her to the hospital. Luckily she is doing better, but I was very concerned about her and I still worry. I am really close to my grandma, she is one of my best friends. When I was little she taught me so much: how to cook, garden, crochet, sew (although I am not good at it), and so many other things. Now she is someone I can call and talk to and she always cares about what is going on in my life. I can't imagine not being able to talk to her or visit with her.
Another bad thing is that my paper that I submitted to publication was not accepted. They sent me a letter saying that they recieved 60 papers and that only 6 were selected. Although I know statistically my chances were not good, but I hoped that my paper would be good enough to get selected. This makes me worried about what my marketablity for grad school will be. I guess I won't know until I apply.
Ok so on to the positive, Jason was able to get the two weeks off that we wanted for vacation. I am so excited we are going to Oregon again, which is my favoirte place to go. I won't say when we are going on here, since working at the credit union I am sort of paranoid about what information people can get online, but I am very excited. We are planning on going to Lincoln City again for a few days and possibly hiking at Golden and Silver Falls. The hike is suppose to pass by 10 waterfalls, which is so great because Jason loves waterfalls. Mostly I am so excited to be by the ocean again, smell the fresh misty air, and to visit with my other grandma. I only get to see her every couple of years and so when we get to see her it is a treat. Oh yeah and we are going to the cheese factory because Tillamook cheese is the best and their cheese curds are really good. In addition they have really good jerky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for vacations! We're going to Portland for my brother in law's wedding... Anything we HAVE to see while we're in the area?
ReplyDeleteYay for vacations!! I'm glad you're doing well. Good to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you get to go on vacation, they are so needed sometimes! Have fun and eat some cheese for us!
ReplyDelete