We stayed in Eureka California and the next day headed down highway 1. First we drove through the Avenue of the Giants, which is close to Eureka. We then drove down highway 1. We did not get as far as we first planned. The road is really windy.
This is us in Mendocino at their state park. They had all these cliffs overlooking the ocean. It was Jason's favorite place. After this we drove on little highways through Sanoma and Napa. It was pretty with all the vineyards, but I like the trees better. We stayed in Fairfield.
The next day we went to the JellyBelly Factory. We did not do the tour because it was just a video tour. I thought that was lame. But we did buy a crap load of jellybeans. We then drove to Lake Tahoe. Someone at work told me it was super pretty and she was right.

We took a drive around part of the lake. It is really blue like Crater Lake. It is also super fancy. We drove through one town that was mostly multi-million dollar mansions. It was weird driving our Civic around all the Mercedes and Escalades.
We had dinner at this restaurant on the lake and this is the sunset from the restaurant. It was pretty romantic.
We took a drive around part of the lake. It is really blue like Crater Lake. It is also super fancy. We drove through one town that was mostly multi-million dollar mansions. It was weird driving our Civic around all the Mercedes and Escalades.
The next day we woke up early and drove the boring 9 hours back through Nevada. I thought the Idaho drive was ugly and boring, but no this was uglier. I could never imagine living there. Just dirt and a few plants. But we got home okay. Well all in all it was a wonderful vacation. It was hard to come home especially when it was so freaking hot compared to the coast.
Again, I LOVE the pics Elizabeth, esp. the one of you hugging the tree. I just never figured you for the "tree-hugging" type. :D I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks Nevada is ugly. I'm sure there's at least some beauty in that state somewhere (obviously in a place I've never been before), but as for Wendover, Reno and Las Vegas they are all UGLY!
ReplyDelete