Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How we met

So I thought that I would write about how Jason and I first met. I had just transfered to the University of Utah from Creighton University where I had gone to school for two years. I had registered for 5 classes, three of them being science classes and I had a full schedule. It seemed like everytime I went around campus there was someone asking if I wanted to take a class at the LDS Institute. I kept saying that I had too busy of a schedule and tried to avoid the Institute booth on campus.

One Sunday I went to my singles ward and someone got up in sacrament meeting and talked about what a wonderful experience Institute was. I felt prompt like I have several other times that I needed to take an Institute class. I finally relented and decided that I should take a class. The only class that interested me was the Preparing for Celestial Marriage class. Much to my dismay most of the people that were in the class were engaged. I quickly decided that there were no available guys in that class.

A couple of months before the class was over this guy was sitting in front of me every class period. I thought he was a guy whose girlfriend had stopped coming to class. One day he asked me for a pen. I said sure and after the class he gave it back. A couple of weeks later the teacher wanted us to pair up for a discussion on communication. I thought well I will just see if this guy in front of me will pair up with me. Well our teacher paired us up and he paired me up with the guy in front of me. We introduced ourselves and he said that his name was Jason. We quickly went over what we were going to say in class and started to talk about ourselves. I told Jason that I grew up in Oregon and had just transfered from a school in Nebraska. We did our little presentation and class was over. I turned to Jason and politely told him that it was nice to meet him. He said,"It seems like you have lived an interesting life. Would you like to go out this weekend?" Well I was surprised. I said yes and gave him my number.

I waited for 2 days for him to call and he did not. I thought well what a jerk. Finally on Friday I got a call from Jason wanting to know if I wanted to go to the new Gateway mall and see the new movie Monsters Inc. I was excited to go. He picked me up and we went to the Gateway. We went the the food court and walked around the mall looking at the stores. We went to the Build a Bear Workshop, and I had never seen one. Jason offered to buy me one but I thought it was way too expensive for a first date. We then went to the fountain and Jason dared me to walk through the water. It was November and freezing and I was wearing a wool sweater. I did not want to smell like a wet dog. Jason started to walk through the fountains and I was following him until he walked into a big stream of water and got soaked. Poor Jason was freezing and we could not find a store where he could get a towel. Well he was freezing through the whole movie. After the movie he took me back to my dorm and I told him I had a nice time and would see him in class. I remember getting back to my room and my roommate asking how my date was. I told her that he was really nice and would make a nice friend. But I did not see it going anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, I LOVE it! I always thought guys were jerks if it took them too long to call me too whenever they asked for my number. I think it's so interesting that Tyler & I also saw "Monsters Inc." on our first date, too. I've heard this story a few times before, but trust me when I say that I never get tired of it! So, when are you going to tell us all "how it went somewhere" ? :)

    ReplyDelete