Monday, December 7, 2009

How it went somewhere

I owe the title all to Julia. So I guess I need to talk about how a date with Jason that was suppose to be our only date, evolved to us getting married. Well after our first date, I told Jason I would see him in class on Thursday. Wednesday night I got a call from Jason just to talk. We talked for like 2 hours about everything. Jason said that he would like to go out again and I thought what the heck. We decided to go to an Indian resturant called the Bombay House (if you live in Salt Lake or Provo you have to go there it is fantastic).

So that Saturday we went to dinner at the Bombay House. We talked about a lot of different things, but there is only one thing that I remember. Jason said that before his mission that he wanted like 12 kids, he wanted a big family. A little bit before that he said that his mom really wanted grandkids. So there must have been some sort of divine intervention that kept me from telling Jason never to call me again, because if I had gone out with anyother guy who wanted 12 kids I would have never gone out with them again. In Jason's defense he did say later that his sister did tell him that the woman is the one that has kids so Jason had decided to let his wife decide how many kids to have. But I did go out with him again, although right now I can not remember what our third date was. I think that it had something to do with the University of Utah football game. Oh well.

So after that third date was Thanksgiving. Jason wanted to come down and visit me at my parents house in Orem the day after Thanksgiving. He came down and we went shopping and he spent the whole day with me. So I guess it was getting serious before I even knew that it was. The complication was that I sort of still liked this other guy that I had dated before Jason. So I was confused about how I felt about Jason. But I really liked Jason.

So the thing that changed everything happened two days later on Sunday. Jason invited me to meet his family and help them set up their Christmas tree. So I said that was fine, he had met my parents. On the way there Jason wanted to know if we were boyfriend and girlfriend or what we were. I said I did not know, lets just say that we are dating. So I met his family, which was a little overwhelming, because they are more boisterous then my family. But everyone was very nice. The thing that I noticed though was that Jason was so nice to his family. So loving and respectful. I started to think about the kind of man that he was and that he had so many qualities that I wanted in a boyfriend and later on a husband. Jason was just different from other guys that I had dated. On the way back to my dorm I told Jason I thought we were probably girlfriend and boyfriend.

So that is how my first date that I did not think Jason would be anything more then a friend, turned into a relationship. So I guess in another post I will talk about how we got engaged.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Elizabeth, I LOVE this title, and I must say I'm pretty happy that I was the one who "inspired" it. :) I can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete