Saturday, November 28, 2009
Black Friday
So after a wonderful Thanksgiving, with a super juicy turkey, games, and lots of laughs, I decided to get up at 3 in the morning to wait outside of Best Buy for Black Friday. If you don't know me I love Black Friday. I wait outside of stores every year to get some big thing that I think that I need that year. Usually I do it so I can buy more with the money I have for Christmas. This year was no exception. We need a new washer and dryer and had decided on a price range. We found a nice pair that we liked, until the ads came out and Best Buy had a steam washer and dryer 50% off. So the $2400 set was now $1200 and it was a deal we could not pass up. My dad, mom, sister, and I all got up at 3 and headed over to Jordan Landing. My parents went to Wal-Mart and my sister and I stood outside of Best Buy. Everyone there was getting computers, tv's, Ipods, or other electronics, I was getting a washer and dryer. So we stood outside for an hour in 25 degree and finally got into Best Buy. Getting the washer and dryer was no problem. It was hard to get to the section because there were like a billion people, but no one was rushing to buy appliances they were waiting in line to get their computers. So the guy filled out my form and told me I had to go over where the green balloons were to pay for it. I thought no problem, this was easy. So the green line happened to be where everyone was buying their tv's. I was standing in line another 2 hours just to pay for it. My parents were done with Walmart, where they saw a fight break out, and I still had an hour to go. So they went to Target, where the line wrapped around the whole store. We ended shopping until 3 pm. I know crazy. But I also got a glidder rocker 50% off and a bunch of other stuff. I am wondering if I will do it next year. When I was standing outside and my toes were freezing, I started to wonder how much longer I can be crazy and stand in the cold. But I was not crazy enough to bring a baby with me. I could not believe this lady had her infant out in that weather. But I figure if there is something that is on a really good sale next year that we can not live without and we don't have a baby you will probably see me outside of a store hoping that I don't get trampled by some crazy person pushing me in the back to go faster . (That happened at Target 2 years ago.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are SO brave to stand in line & put up with all the craziness that takes place on Black Friday. I still went out shopping w/ my mother in-law that day, but we didn't leave the house until 10:30. :) That is insane that a woman would have a tiny baby out in such cold temperatures. The only way I'd do that is if we could get a TV like yours for $100 bucks!! I can't wait to tell you more about my weekend over the phone!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI am also an avid Black Friday Shopper. I love to get great deals however the longest line I stood in was about 1/2 an hour at JC Penny. Allison stood in line for us at Home Depot so it was a fabulous day.
ReplyDeleteI am NOT a black friday kind of gal so if you have a baby next year.....I will be happy to have a sleep over....unless of course I have a tiny baby too but that is unlikely.
ReplyDelete