I realized that Thanksgiving is coming up really fast so I decided to make a list of things that I am grateful for. These are in no particular order.
1. My wonderful husband and marriage: I am not sure what I would do without Jason. He is a wonderful husband and treats me really good.
2. The gospel and more specifically the Atonement: Not a day goes by that I am not reminded of the wonderful gift of the Atonement and how it has affected my life.
3. Family: I have a wonderful family who is supportive and loving. I would not be the person that I am today without my parents.
4. Our Jobs: So I know that I have done my fair share of venting about my job, but I am grateful that we both have jobs when there are so many people who are out of work and can not find another job.
5. Friends: I love my friends. They accept me for who I am.
6. My house: We love our house and we live in a nice neighborhood. I am just glad that we are not still living in our apartment.
7. Shoes: When your clothes don't fit exactly the way that they should your shoes are always there to make you feel good. Especially sexy strappy high-heel shoes.
8. Shopping: Even if I can not buy something it is nice to walk around, look at stuff I can't afford and socialize with my husband or friends.
9. School: Although it is not easy I am thankful for the chance to learn and also the opportunity that I have had to go back to school.
10. Books: I love good books, especially anything by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre, The Moonstone, and anything else that I decide to read.
Well here is a short list. I could go on for pages and pages. Luckily there are holidays and times of the year for us to reflect on the thing that we have to be thankful for, because I know that sometimes I am guilty of forgetting all the things I should be grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is such a great list. I love reading about what people are truly thankful for, esp. around this time of year. I agree with everything on your list. I'm especially in total agreement w/ you about the shoes! They always fit no matter what & that's why us gals have to have more than just one pair in our closets! :)
ReplyDelete