Thursday, April 4, 2013

Madness

  So I am not trying to ignore my blog, it is just that it is really hard to get anything done with a little puppy who gets into everything.  Right now I am letting her gleefully tear apart some Artic Circle coupons while I get this blog post written.  Apparently all the toys she has are just not as fun as paper we get in the mail. 
   March is my favorite month, partly because it is the beginning of spring and the weather warms up, but mostly it is the beginning of the NCAA March Madness tournament which is one of my favorite things of the year.  This year the second and third round games were here in Salt Lake City and we had tickets.  To say I was excited is an understatement.  I have been looking forward to this since the last time that we went three years ago.  I was really hoping that Oregon would come here, they did not, but it was ok we had lots of fun anyways.  For the most part the games were good, there were some blow outs, but even they were fun to be at, even if it was just because we got to make fun of the horrible cheerleaders.  I mean come on all they did was clap and shake their pom poms, they could have at least done a flip or something. 

Here we are on the second day of the games with our official tournament t-shirts.  
 This is my elusive Papa John's pizza that I wanted.  The first day of the games I really wanted a pizza, but when I went to get one none of the Papa Johns were open.  Which is weird because they had lots of people there so why wouldn't they be open.  So I decided to get a rice bowl.  By the time I got there they were out of rice and noodles.  Which was ridiculous because they knew about the games you would think that they would have plenty of food.  So then I saw there was a Papa Johns open so I went down there and when I got in line a lady came out and said they would not have enough pizzas for everyone.  So instead I had chicken fingers.  So the second day I finally got a pizza and decided to take a picture of it.  To be honest it was not as good as I had hoped.
 
This is the guy that we fondly nicknamed Bumblebee man, because of his overalls.  He was a fan for Wichita St, who beat Gonzaga, ruining my Mom's bracket. 
 
 And here is the court with the players from the Gonzaga game, which was a pretty good game. 
 
So that was our tournament experience this year.  It was awesome.  As a side note I won our bracket competition this year, by being the least sucky and having one team that made it to the Final Four.  So I guess all those hours of watching basketball did not really help me that much because we had the puppy do a bracket, we put the teams on paper and whichever one she bit that was her team very scientific, and she got as many teams in the Final Four as I did.  In fact we have the same title team.  It was still fun and we are thinking about maybe going to Portland in a couple of years to watch the games there.    



2 comments:

  1. I love having something fun to do like this... I used to go to the BYU basketball games with my Grandpa because I got to spend time with him... I think my thing right now is going to the symphony though... we've still got to do that all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm horrible, but I must say that making fun of the cheerleaders and watching Bumblebee man were the highlights of the game!! :D We're just SO grateful you invited us to come with you, thanks so much!!! And I'm so glad you got to have your pizza. I'm just sorry it didn't taste as good as you'd hoped. :(

    ReplyDelete