January 29, 2013 we welcomed a new member into our family, our puppy Gracie. She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and is freaking adorable. We have had her for almost two weeks and I can't believe how much she has become a part of our family and how much we love her. I am so glad that we picked her. We were trying to decide between her and another puppy in her litter. The other one was more of a lap dog and Gracie is more playful and I think has more personality. After we decided on her she climbed up on my shoulder and started to nuzzle into my neck and that is when I knew we made the right decision. I feel in love with her right away. Being with her all day has been a change for me because I have to worry about how long I am leaving her and I can't come and go like I used to. However, she has brought so much happiness into our home those little sacrifices don't seem that big.
About Gracie
-Right now her favorite chew toy is me, which is not always super fun. My hands are kind of chewed up.
- She loves to sleep on either Jason or I. She likes to get up by my face and curl up and sleep. This does make doing things hard, but she is so cute I love it.
- She does not like her crate, I think that she thinks it is prison.
- At her vet appointment on Thursday she weighed 2.6 lbs at 9 weeks.
- She will sit when she sees a treat because I have been trying to teach her the command sit, and she associates it with food.
- She likes to use under the couch as a way of getting around the family room, and it is kind of funny.
-She loves people and she has not seen a face yet that she does not want to cover in doggy kisses.
-She really wants to be friends with the cat, but the cat wants nothing to do with her right now and the cat will hide under the bed because she is afraid of her.
Well that is a little about our new family member. Here are some cute pictures of her playing with Jason today.
She is so friggin adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her! Puppies are like the greatest things ever. I'm so jealous that you get puppy breath kisses.
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! I'm glad you got her! Does her coat look cute on her? Sorry about Misty though... I did like that dog.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda and Rosanne. She does not fit in her coat, it is too big for her. Right now she has to wear a kitten collar because a dog collar is too big.
ReplyDelete