This year I found a list by the BBC of the top 100 most loved books. The list is a few years old, but they had viewers vote on their favorite books and then they ranked them. I counted the books on the list that I have read and I had read 22. I thought that was pretty good but not good enough and I decided that I should try and read at least half of the books on the list. So I have been a little slow, but I have read four more books on the list in the last couple of months: Middlemarch, Black Beauty, Treasure Island, and Little Women. I think I might have read Black Beauty years ago but I did not remember so I read it again. I did not really like Treasure Island, I am not really into pirate stories. I liked Little Women and I am surprised I have not read it before. I think that it is suppose to be a book that all girls read. Middlemarch was not easy to get through. It is like 800 pages and the language is kind of different, but it was good. I was proud of myself for getting through it. Right now I am trying to get through Anna Karenina. It is another long book which is kind of deep. It is not easy to get through. I have also tried to get through the Wind in the Willows, I know it is a beloved children's book, but I can not get through it. I tried when I was younger and did not like it, and I still don't. After I get through Anna Karenina I have a few other books that I started to read and never finished that are on the list. I have also thought about reading the Lord of the Rings books. They are on the list and I have read The Hobbit so I thought I should read the other books.
This year I also read some books not on the list, some Agatha Christie books and the Hunger Games trilogy. I was probably one of the last people to read them, but I really liked them. I was worried that they were going to be like the Twilight series with a huge teenage love triangle, so I was relieved when it was not the same. I liked the Twilight books but Bella trying to decide which guy to choose got super annoying. I have also read several books this year that I have read before; Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, The Moonstone, The Woman in White, and Jane Eyre. Most of those books I read once a year because I love them so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
where did you find this list? I'd be interested in looking at it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml
ReplyDeleteI googled BBC top 100 books. Here is a link. I hope it works this time. I had to delete my last comment because the link did not work
What's The Moonstone... that sounds intriguing.
ReplyDeleteIt is a book by Wilkie Collins about a cursed gem which goes missing and the book is about the people that it effects and the attempt to figure out what happened to the stone. It is told from the point of view of several different people and I think that it is a really good mystery novel.
ReplyDelete