Friday, September 28, 2012

Tulips

  Just a warning this post has a lot of pictures.  I don't think that it is a secret that I adore tulips.  I have a ton in my yard and every year I pay money to go look at thousands of tulips at Thanksgiving Point.  Luckily Jason likes tulips almost as much as I do, so I can go crazy buying tulip bulbs to put in the yard and he is okay with it.  This year I have gone sort of crazy.  Last year I had tulips that did not come up and I was very disappointed and decided I needed to put in some more bulbs.  Also I just figure that I need more because they are just so darn pretty I love how my yard looks.  However, I don't want just normal tulips, I want interesting ones.  So this year I have been looking at nurseries and I have ordered some online so that I can plant them next month.  Right now I have probably ordered close to 150 bulbs.  First I thought  that was overkill, but the more that I think about it and keep thinking of new places I can plant bulbs I wonder if it will be enough.  I found pictures of some of the ones that I have bought this year and I thought I would share.  
 
I can't remember the name of these, but I thought they looked kind of different and interesting.  I like that they are two different colors.
I am super excited about these.  This is an ice cream tulip, which is a double tulip.  Aren't they neat and so different.  I love that they look like vanilla ice cream in a pretty bowl.
This is a Rai parrot tulip.  I just loved the color and thought that it was different and bright
This is another parrot tulip.  I did not have any parrot tulips in my yard so I bought like four different kinds so that I had some.
To be honest I can never remember the name of this tulip it starts with a v.  I feel in love with these last year when I saw them at Temple Square.  They look almost like a lily when they bloom and I love the pink and green.  I took a picture of them so I could figure out what they were and after a couple of hours of looking online I finally found them.  I ordered these online so hopefully I get them ok. 
These are a blue tulip called amible. I bought two kinds of blue tulips this year and I am going to plant them with the black tulips that are pictured below. I think that they will look neat together. 
I love black tulips.  I think that they are so pretty and I decided that I needed to add more to my yard.

  So that is a sample of some of the tulips that I got that will be blooming in my yard next year. I know hard to believe that I bought more kinds than what are pictured here. I swear I will not be a crazy tulip lady, if there are crazy tulip ladies. It is also probably pretty obvious that I am super excited, I can't wait to see what they look like next year and I hope they are as pretty as the pictures. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can't wait to see them all either! Those are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I especially like that 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I highly doubt we'll have to go all the way down to Thanksgiving Point for the tulip festival this year. ;) My personal favorite is probably the first one.

    ReplyDelete