I have finally finished school and can actually do things again. The last couple of months have been busy. Jason's sister moved to Idaho and for about three weeks her, her husband, and her two kids stayed with us. It was nice that they were able to stay with us and that we got to spend time with them before they moved. Having the two kids here made me admire mothers who go to school, because I saw a little bit how hard it is to do homework with kids around. I don't mean that kids are pests, but that they need attention and you can't ignore their needs. A few weeks after they left it was Thanksgiving which was a nice day, but the next day we got a call that my grandfather had fallen, hit his head and was not going to make it. Unfortunately I had the flu and I could not go to the hospital to see him before he passed away. Not being able to say goodbye to my grandfather was hard, but his funeral was beautiful. The speakers talked about how wonderful it was that we had the gospel and that we knew about eternal families, and that we could see my grandfather again. That is such a comfort when things happen and when we lose people that we love
After my grandfather's death I had just a couple of weeks to get ready for finals and everything was such a blur. Thankfully I lived through it and was able to get A's in all of my classes which was a relief to me. I think that I have have decided to go to grad school and I was really stressing about my grades because I wanted them to be as good as possible when I apply for schools. If I decide to not go to grad school I want it to be my decision not because my grades are not good enough. So I put a lot of pressure on myself, but it all paid off in the end.
So now that school it over I need to start studying for the GRE. I am not sure what else I am going to do. I might do some volunteer work or something like that. I guess Jason and I can also decide what we want to do about our adoption plans. We still don't know what to do. We are licensed through foster care, but are feeling reluctant to take the leap and tell them that we are willing to have a child placed in our home. We are afraid of getting hurt again. I also have doubts that we will adopt through LDSFS. I saw a blog today of a couple who was approved in September and was picked by December. So after three months they got picked and we have been on there for three years with noone being interested in us. I just think that there must be something about us that people don't like and I don't really know what it is. But whatever it is, I just don't think that we will be chosen. Three years is a long time for noone to be interested. So we have to decide if we are willing to put ourselves out there to get hurt again or if it is time to say enough is enough and move on. So I guess with my free time I can decide what I think we should do. I am sure we will figure out the best thing, even if it is not what we had always envisioned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sorry about your grandfather! And if it's any consolation... I like you guys... I have since I met you. We meshed pretty well, even as teenagers.
ReplyDelete