The last two weeks have been very busy for us. I had to go to a play and a concert for school, so we decided to make a date out of it. Last week we went to Fiddler on the Roof. It was really good. Neither one of us had seen it before. Jason really liked it. Then yesterday we went to Verdi's Requiem. It was fantastic. I was afraid Jason would not like it because there was singing in it. Like opera singing, but he liked it and I loved it. The music was so powerful and the singers were great. I have not really cared for my classes this semester, but one thing that they have taught me is that there are some wonderful events in the city that we need to take advantage of. I think it would be fun to go to an outdoor concert in the summer or go to the symphony again.
Also yesterday we worked on our yard. It was the first time since the fall that we really got out and worked in the yard for a long time. It was amazing how much work there was. I bought a bunch of plants to plant and three hours later I had them all done. I planted some calla lilies, ferns, other green plants that I can't remember the name to now, grass, and some other cute little flowers by the pond. I bought a lavender rose, they are my favorite, to go over with the other roses. Then I planted a little herb garden over by one of my trees. I mostly did it because the plants smell good and look pretty. I am not used to all that yard work. I was a little sore last night and today.
So I know that my blog is sort of turning into a blog about my yard. It is suppose to be an adoption blog, so I guess I will do an update on our adoption. Well there is nothing really to update. I would be lying if I said I was not a little frustrated. We said that when it got to two years that we would start considering other adoption agencies. Well a couple of months ago we started to look and nothing felt right. We felt like we should stay on the same course that we have been on. I have been trying to learn more about adoption through reading blogs and other sites. I have decided that I should not do that anymore. There are some blogs that are great and I follow them because the birthmoms have good stories. But most of them are negative and some of them are very mean. I started to notice that I just felt more and more negative when I read them.
Both Jason and I have felt like we have prepared as much as we can right now for the adoption and we just need to leave it in the Lord's hands and have faith that it will work out. So I think that I have to just focus on other things like school, getting stuff done around my house and figuring out what I want to do about work. I have not made a decision on what to do next semester for school and if I should go full time or not. If I go full time I will have to go part-time at work or quit. So I need to decide what I want to do pretty soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment