Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wicked


      August 2nd we went to see Wicked at Capital Theater.  Before the show we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was good like usual and like usual I got the raspberry lemon cheesecake that I think everyone except for Jason thought was the best cheesecake. 
  The show was really great.  I did not know what to expect because I had never heard any of the music.  It was really fun and I did not expect it to be so funny.  My favorite character was Glinda because she was such an airhead it made me laugh.  Also I thought the girl who played her did a really good job.  I really had a good time.  I am grateful that Jason is so thoughtful to think of fun things for us to do.  Well I think that technicallly Tyler thought about it, but Jason agreed. 
    So watching the play made me think I should read the book The Wizard of Oz and so I downloaded it on my little Kindle I have on my phone.  I was surprised at how different it was from the movie.  The Wicked Witch is so important in the movie and she is really not in the book that much.  But the book was interesting and I thought it would be a good book for kids to read. 
     Also this weekend we went out at 3 am to see the Perseids meteor shower.  We did not get to see as many as I would have liked but we did get to see some meteors even though it seemed kind of hazy and the light pollution seemed worse than usual.  I really want to see it next year so I am hoping we can take a trip somewhere out of the city where the lights arn't as bad.  Also I need to remember to get some bug spray because the mosquitos got a nice little treat of my legs. 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Wicked! Sharon used to use some of the songs in her competitions... so we went to it on the way out to pick her up from her mission. AMAZING! (Course, I think Lion King is my all time favorite so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great Elizabeth. I wish I could have gone too, but of course I didn't know about it till after the tickets were sold out. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we should make this a tradition, I think. Or we should at least try to go see a show at Capitol Theatre at least once a year. I'm so glad we were able to go with you guys! We LOVE doing as much as possible together! :)

    ReplyDelete