Friday morning I was shocked when I woke up and saw that Jason was still in bed at 9 am. I freaked out thinking that Jason had slept in and missed work. I woke him up telling him that it was 9 in the morning and he needed to wake up. Jason acted like he did not know what I was talking about. Then he rolled over, looked at me, and said happy anniversary. Well I did not know what to say because it was not really our anniversary and I was in shock. Jason had taken the day off to surprise me with a weekend away to Park City. He reserved a room at a bed and breakfast and had a special dinner planned for us at a fancy restaurant. I got kind of worried because some bed and breakfast have shared bathrooms, and a romantic getaway is not as romantic if you are sharing a bathroom with strangers. My fears were needless, as our bathroom was spacious and private. In fact our room was huge because Jason got the master suite. There was a door to go outside to a little deck, but unfortunately it was raining most of the weekend so we could not sit out there much. We did some shopping in Park City. The restaurant we went to was so great. It was super expensive, but I think that I had the best halibut ever. Jason got the Kobe steak, which was wonderful. We also ordered a little appetizer sampler and it had these goat cheese wonton things which were to die for. I could have eaten a hundred of them. It was a wonderful weekend and nice to get away.
Then tonight Jason had a present wrapped up for me. He let me open it, a little early, and it was a binder full of pictures and memories that he had compiled about our ten years together. It was such a sweet gift that he had worked on for the past year. I love how thoughtful he is and how much he obviously cares about our marriage and the ten years that we have been together. It makes me feel good that even the little things mean so much to him. The gift brought tears to my eyes and I am always going to treasure it.
I am so lucky to have Jason and I am so grateful for our marriage. It is hard for me to describe how much I care about Jason and how I feel so lucky to have found him and that he wanted to marry me. He is one of the greatest men that I have ever known. He is kind and caring, supportive, and loving. He would do anything for me. We have had a wonderful ten years and I hope that our next ten years are just as wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful surprise! He is so good to you! Glad you had a nice get-a-way.
ReplyDeleteYay! You guys are really good together! I love it, everytime we play games together I love watching how close you two are.
ReplyDelete