Here are the before and after pictures. Ugly deck on the top, pretty deck on the bottom. I am so glad that it is done and that this deck is so much better than our other one. When we tore up the deck we found out that they had used untreated wood under the deck so it was all rotted. We are grateful no one hurt themselves on the old deck. The new one is made of treated wood and Treks which should last forever. Eventually we will have to replace the fence. Apparently they did not believe in levels.
In non-deck news my semester went better than I suspected. I have to say this was my hardest semester with classes and all the unexpected things that happened this semester. I had five papers due within a month of each other one being 15 pages another over 20 pages. It was just really stressful. Fortunatly I did well enough to stay on the Dean's List. In addition I got my 23 page paper back and my teacher thinks that it is good enough to submit to the student journal at the U. I am thinking that maybe I will submit it. My dad says that the worst that could happen is that they say no to publishing it. I need to fix some things and maybe do some more research but I think that I will try.
Well I am looking forward to the rest of my summer with no school and my next semester will be easier with only three classes. And I can catch up with all the things that I wanted to do during school including talking to people. Hopefully no one has taken my inattention personally. Between school, the deck, and other stuff going on I have a hard time remembering my name sometimes.
I still read your blog! The deck looks nice and I'm glad you did well in school cuz I sure didn't. Looking forward to our next lunch date.
ReplyDelete